COWT + BGP + AMX (CBA)
In high strength organic wastewater, biogas production, sludge reduction, and nitrogen removal are necessary. COWT + Biogas plant + AMX are implemented to increase Biogas production and decrease sludge volume, while using minimal energy and without conducting carbon nitrogen removal. These technologies are capable of addressing the issues of livestock wastewater, sludge from wastewater treatment plants, food wastes, high solid organic wastes, and high strength nitrogen wastewater.
COWT | Cyclical Organic Waste Thermal Hydrolysis
BGP | Biogas Production (Anaerobic Digester)
AMX | Anaerobic ammonium oxidation (Anammox)
"Well Balanced Process train is the Solution"
WHY CBA PROCESS
CBA process is one of the most advanced side stream sludge treatment process utilizing thermal hydrolysis, biogas production and Anammox.
Three benefits of using CBA process are,
1) Biogas production increase by thermal hydrolysis
2) Effective biogas effluent (digestate) treatment by Anammox
3) Achieve net plus energy cycle
But the challenges are,
1) Thermal Hydrolysis can increase organic N and NBD COD
2) This can cause upset of anaerobic digestion and harmful to Anammox treatment
Therefore, advantage of each unit technology can be offset by unwanted side effect.
High COD from THP can
1. Unstabilize AD performance resulting in more COD in the digestate
2. Potentially upset downstream process (i.e., AOB and Anammox)
It is claimed inhibition can be overcome by dilution, increasing aeration, and dosing optimal coagulant to remove colloidal COD.
However, it is NOT entirely clear what specific inhibitory compounds could be and how to address them properly.
Back to homepage