Municipal Wastewater Treatment
With over 50 references worldwide, BKT’s BioFiltration (BBF) system is a proven technology capable of combining both physical filtration and biological treatment in a single reactor to comprise a versatile solution optimized for the treatment of municipal wastewater, groundwater, and high-strength industrial wastewater.
Previously certified for compliance with CA Title 22 water reuse regulations, BBF is not only suitable for the upgrading and retrofitting of existing wastewater treatment plants but also for integration into new wastewater reuse facilities. Recognized by WERF’s LIFT Program as a substitute for the primary clarifier, BBF can also remove solids and soluble organics for carbon diversion and to control wet weather flow.
- Plant retrofitting for Nitrogen removal
- Nitrogen removal for water reuse
- Compliance with stringent discharge restrictions
- Maximizing energy saving and energy production
- Primary Treatment (Wet Weather Flow, Carbon Diversion) - BBF, VAF
- Secondary Treatment (BOD, SS, and Nitrogen removal) - BBF, BCS, AMX
- Tertiary Treatment (Retrofit, Reuse) - BBF
- Energy Saving Solutions - BKTurbo, EOS
- Liquid - Solid separation - Vortex DAF
Back to Home