Sidestream Anammox Process for Nutrient Removal
- Municipal Side-stream Treatment
- 2-stage Partial Nitritation + Anammox (PN+A) System
- Wide Range of Influent Temperature (Mesophilic to Thermophilic Digester)
- Low C/N ratio
- Low alkalinity
- Stable operation via separate enrichment of AOB & AMX
Streams such as filtrates, centrates, and digester supernatants make up only 1-2% of the total flow at WWTPs, but add approximately 15-40% of the nitrogen load to the mainstream treatment line.
With our Anammox Sidestream process, plants can decrease their operating costs by 15-40% and avoid costly violation fees.
Compared to conventional nitrification/denitrification (NDN):
- Reduces carbon requirements by 90% (for complete removal of inorganic nitrogen)
- Reduces oxygen requirements by approximately 60%
- Reduces biomass production by approximately 90%
Our versatile Anammox solution is a highly effective method of removing nitrogen from sidestream before returning it to the headworks.